Monday, February 8, 2010

Analyze of the film, Digitial Nation

Before watching this video, two days ago I was frustrated with my phone. It was broken or not working I was just tired of being attached to it. I was angry of how dependent I was to my phone, it seemed as if I couldn't walk two steps away from it. This incident made me realize of how the world of technology has changed and overall has changed the world. It was funny how the video touched upon this aspect. The reporter said if we lose or don't respond to our connections (email, phone, etc.) that the people on the other side are disruptive or lost. In other words, if I ignore my phone all day from calls and text message, the person that sending the message get worried or frantic. It's more like people expect a quick response. Often I feel like I want to escape this crazy world, however, I can't. Which is scary!

Although we have a decision to decide whether or not were going to use a piece of technology or application, I believe that the world forces us to use it. For example, movies, just 5 years ago the invention of DVD's came to world distinguishing VCR's. For the person, lets say for instance a women, loves VCR's or has no problem using VCR's is forced to buy a DVD player and DVD movies; due to the force of technology. Meaning if the women wanted to watch a movie, however, this movie was only on DVD forces her to buy and use the new technology.

Just from the first 20 min of the film I'm wondering myself of how big of an impact technology has. It really has me thinking not only about myself, but about the future the world holds. I'm curios and enthused to see what the film talks about in the second half.

No comments:

Post a Comment