Thursday, February 11, 2010

Analysis of Digitial Media II

Watching the second half of the film, I wasn't sure whether or not I liked or disliked the new technology. One main topic the video discussed was the topic of technology in teaching. Personally I think to that technology is forcing teachers use technology, as well as, the teacher are forcing students to use the technology. For example, today a research essay could take up to a week or two to write. Back when we didn't have technology there was no such thing to write a research paper in a week, it would take weeks. I wrote an article on the whether or not technology such as individual computers was beneficial. There were mixed views. Personally I think that it does allow student to gain more knowledge at home, however, it takes away from the principles of learning. In other words, we are able research a topic on Google both in school and at school. However, when I was younger I was taught ways to find information through books and to compare to get trust worthy information. Looking back to third grade I was learning how to write cursive, now it seems that students are learning how to type.

It's crazy to see how fast we adapt to new technology as well as become so dependent on it. For example, Facebook, in less than 7 months the member number increased dramatically. Today, it's seems as if people can't live without it. It seems as if it's there only way to contact other human beings. Which is scary, because like someone said in the movie " we are gifted of our ability to verbally and physically communicate with people, we should not forget about it." That quote really opened up my eyes. I think that technology is taking away a lot of characteristics a human being has to offer. For example, I'm a bubbly person and it's very hard to express that in a text or email.

Overall I thought this was an awesome video! It's really makes you step back and look at how life and the world has changed and developed around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment